Next immersion trip will be announce soon!
An opportunity for committed youngsters who are regular to Jesus Youth Prayer Meetings, and those who have attended the Trendsetters Formation program to immerse in witnessing, experiencing and sharing the kingdom of God.
National Youth Team, Jesus Youth Australia
To deepen the sense of the call to be ‘Missionary Disciples’ through an experience of the immersion in a mission setting of the Catholic Church which would call forth response of leadership, a heart for mission and a desire to evangelise young people of Australia.
- Realising God’s Call in a very intimate way
- Exposing to the various realities of life and see the beauty of one’s own life
- Mission experience of spending time with Filipino Natives
- Experiencing a deep encounter and conversion experience
- A committed group of young people who take initiative and responsibilities to evangelise and build the kingdom of God through Jesus Youth Movement.
- Facilitate and Foster vocation to Religious life, Priesthood and mission-oriented married life.
Youth Formation and Mission Proposal
- A committed young person who is a regular member of a Jesus Youth Prayer Meeting or those who have attended Philip Course / Trendsetters Formation and is committed to the regional monthly formation programme of JY Youth Ministry will be invited to be part of a Mission Immersion overseas trip.
- Country: Philippines
- Host Parish: St. Benedict Catholic Parish, Manila
- Dates: Friday 27th December 2019 to Friday 10th January 2020
- Immersion Team: A Team of 10 – 12 people including 10 young people (preferably 5 Males & 5 Females), 2 youth leaders and Chaplains (Priests) from Australia. A small team from host parish – St. Benedict’s will accompany the participants to guide the entire Mission Trip.
- Immersion Period: 4 days of Travel (Int’l & Domestic) + 8 days of Mission + 3 days Debrief and Relaxation (14 days – which means two full weeks)
- Visa: Visa on arrival (30-Day Visa-Free Stay) http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/visas.html
Holders of Australian passports can stay in the Philippines for thirty (30) days or less without a visa. The reckoning of the 30 days begins on the day after arrival in the Philippines and this visa-free stay allows for regular tourism and business meetings. Visits exceeding 30 days will require a visa. Beginning August 1, 2013, Australian passport holders are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa if they intend to stay for Thirty days (30) days or less for pleasure or business purposes, provided they have a return or onward travel to another country and their passports are valid at least six months beyond the intended stay in the Philippines.
Flight Ticket to Manila – $1500 approx. / person (*Ticket Pricing is indicative and subject to change depends on the booking date)
Total Registration Fee with 14 days Mission Trip: – $3,100 / Person. *Including flight ticket (approx. $1500/-, depends on the time of booking) +Program expenses + Administration & Volunteers expenses.
- Any additional sightseeing costs that have not been added as part of Mission Trip
- Breakfasts, Dinner and Lunches whilst Mission Trip are inclusive of cost specified (as outlined on Program Schedule). The individual has to bear any meals that are not specified as part of the inclusive program.
- Items of a personal nature, phone calls, laundry, shopping etc.
- Passport and Visa fees (as applicable on an individual basis) – Visa on arrival (30-Day Visa-Free Stay)
- Any associated health and vaccination costs
- Comprehensive Travel insurance
Each member of the team is encouraged to fundraise as much he or she is able to solely for the work and ministries that JYI will be engaging in Manila. This fundraising can be done through Parishes, Regional Prayer JY groups, other benefactors etc.
Contact for more details:
- Christina Jaison; Email – email@example.com ;
- Deepak Kuriacose : Email – firstname.lastname@example.org ; Ph: 0415308889
- Sidharth Jose : Email – email@example.com